Monday, August 16, 2010

Here is the problem

First, here is a pic of the keel

















Second, I talked to Foss Foam this morning.  They still have the mold for the keel, and will make me a new one.  So down time is 2-3 weeks.  But I dont have a motor yet (still waiting on insurance company), so it is what it is.  

Anyway I spent a nice day just sitting on the boat yesterday, cool breeze blowing me back and forth.  Well this is Florida, so it really wasnt that cool, but cool enough that I sat on the boat for an hour.

But as ownership would have it, i broke something else.  I thought the deck drains looked funny.  It didnt look like they were draining, so I poked my finger into the whole to see if i could clear it, and wouldnt you know, i broke them.  Well the one on the starboard side first, and then me being me, went promptly over to the port side, and did the same thing there.  So I had to make a run to West Marine.  They only had one thru-hull for a replacement.  I installed it.  It seems like it may have been replaced once before, as it looked like it was just sealed with silicone, not with something like 5200.  Well thats what I used when I installed the new one.  I duck taped over the open one, and will pick up a new thru-hull at the West Marine between work and home.

Brooke and Flan, went out this morning an pulled the plastic off the window opening, so it could air and dry out in the sunlight.  They sat on the boat with Starbucks. So they are enjoying it too.