Monday, August 9, 2010

July 30,2010

After more shopping at West Marine, we headed over to Bill's house.  We loaded
up some stuff and motored away.  I think Bill and his wife Debbie(?) were sad. I
could hear them teasing with other... Each was saying to the other that we were
taking away their boat.  We motored it over to Crystal Beach, where there is a
mooring area... found a nice spot an dropped anchor. I put in a 48" helix with
25' of rode.  I will go back again tomorrow and put on 5' of chain. The shackle
I bought is too big.  I might move the helix too, it will depend on how low the
tide gets. Being in the water also gave me a good look at what growth there is.
Not really too much. Till we decide to have it hauled out for the bottom job, or
warier if needed for the keel pin (which I ordered from the hunter22.net web
site today), it can easily be just hand scraped.