Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's almost been a year

Tomorrow is my birthday, which reminded me that it was a year ago that we named our little boat.

So I went for a sail yeasteday. We had a cool front pass through, so the winds are out of the north, and fairly stiff. 10 to 15 knots. But Brooke and I went out yesterday. I made sure to sail easy for her, as she still doesn't like to heel over, so no jib, and a reefed main. Not the fastest, but easy and flat, just the way Brooke likes it.

I also got out again today. I love my wife, she had to do homework, so se gave me the day off of chores, and told me to get out and sail. You don't have to tell me twice. The conditions wer a bit rougher than yesterday. 13 knts wit gusts up to 17. I started with a jib and a main, but without a tiller manager, it was a bit hard to sail and trim single handed. Plus a lot of 20+degree heeling. So I pulled the jib down. Sailed for about 3 hours, tacking my way to the north end of Three Rooker, then an easy run all the way back.

Happy naming day Inara.